COVID-19 Testing in Salinas, CA
Quick & Accurate Test Results in Monterey, San Benito, Santa Cruz, Merced counties and in Yuma, AZ
Our staff at Pinnacle Healthcare understand the gravity and health concerns regarding the coronavirus pandemic. Despite this unprecedented phase of our lives, our offices remain open for the sake of our patients’ health and safety. We are doing our part in preventing the spread of COVID-19 to the best of our ability, which includes providing our patients with rapid and reliable testing.
If you or your household member(s) feel any symptoms, or if you have reasons to believe that you have been exposed to or have been in close contact with someone with coronavirus, contact us as soon as possible to verify whether or not you have contracted COVID-19.
For any questions or inquiries regarding our COVID-19 testing or our protective measures, contact one of our convenient office locations today.
COVID-19 Testing Available at Pinnacle Healthcare
The types of COVID-19 tests available at our office differ generally by the length of when the test results are received or the cost of the test.
The types of testing available include:
- Rapid Antigen Test - This nasal/throat swab test works by looking for the proteins within the surface of a possible pathogen to indicate whether you have contracted the virus or not. This is the cheapest type of testing available and often offers the quickest results.
Molecular Tests - detect the genetic material or nucleic acid (RNA) present inside a virus particle.
- (RNA) - ribonucleic acid, a nucleic acid lies in a living cells. It's principal role is to act as a messenger carrying instructions from DNA from controlling the synthesis of proteins, although in some viruses RNA rather than DNA carries the genetic information.
- (PCR) - is called polymerase chain reaction. It is a technique used to amplify a segment of DNA of interest or produce lots of copies. It also tests looks for genetic material, or the RNA, of the coronavirus strain to verify whether or not you have contracted the virus.
- PCR Test - This test checks for RNA via a nasal or throat swab, yet the results are given the same day the specimen has been retrieved. Although more costly than the other testing options, the rapid PCR test is ideal for those who require a result to return to school or work, as well as those traveling or who need a negative result to return to their state or enter the country.
- Antibody Test - This test does not provide results on whether you are currently infected with COVID-19, but detects any antibodies that your immune system has created to combat any coronavirus infections in the past.
Schedule your COVID-19 Testing Appointment Today
If you notice any of the below symptoms simultaneously, you may want to schedule an appointment with a doctor to verify whether you have contracted the virus and what precautions and steps you should take if you receive a positive test result.
Some of the common symptoms of COVID-19 include:
- Chest pain
- Difficulty breathing
- Dry cough
- Body aches
- Sore throat
- Bluish tint to lips or face
- Loss of smell and/or taste
Contact one of our offices today for additional information regarding how we are keeping our community, patients, and staff safe during these unprecedented times.
We Give Back to the Community We Serve
Specialty Physicians to Handle Most Issues In-House
Privately Owned by Practicing Partners
Highly Experienced Physicians & Seasoned Team
Services Available in English & Spanish
Same Day Appointments & Walk-Ins Available